Monday 9 March 2015

Project #18: Small Crochet Basket


As you have probably seen in my previous post, I made a little basket to hold some of the bits'n'pieces I need on my desk. I don't like having too much stuff lying around on my desk and this basket helps me keep the small things together.

It is made after a really easy pattern. I used a super bulky yarn in colours matching our living room and the rest of my desk. The whole basket is made with double crochets. The base is crocheted in rounds increasing until I thought it's big enough. 
I followed (once again) the pattern from the book "Crochet with One Sheepish Girl" but made only the first 3 rounds for the bottom. Otherwise it would have become too big. 
The sides are made from 3 rounds of double crochet (changing colour inbetween) and ended with a round of back post single crochets. This finish is my own idea and makes the rim more stable.




























I'm quite fond of crochet baskets and have already made few, e. g. this one. They are really handy. Have you ever made a crochet basket? What are you keeping in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment