Wednesday 12 March 2014

Project #7: Pompom Hair Pins

Good Morning everyone,
I've been up early, it's great spring weather and the steam of my tea is coming up in the sunlight. So I thought you might like a new project :)

How about these pompom hairpins? The white one - I have to admit - was already made in winter. I think it looks like a little snowball. So that's probably not the best to wear right now. But the colourful one looks a lot like spring or summer to me.

They are really easy to make. I used the tutorial on Ordinary Mommy Design. Ever since I discovered it, I've wanted to give it a try. And I love them because it's really a fast and easy way to pimp your outfit with a customised accessory (plus you can use yarn left overs!). I think I'm gonna make more of them in different colours...

I used the smallest ring of these pompom makers. On the colourful one, I left a longer thread when tying up. So the thread is hanging down in my hair like a strand.



Doesn't it look like a spring flower? Now that I look at it I guess you could take the white one as flower too...



No comments:

Post a Comment